What Is A Fire TV Stick with Kodi?
Amazon’s Fire TV Stick with Kodi is a set top box that interfaces with existing online streaming web sites, bringing the online streaming experience to your living room, free of the popups and nuisances associated with watching online.
Amazon’s Fire TV Stick with Kodi connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment via online streams. Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a free and open-source media player software developed by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium. Kodi can be installed on Amazon Fire TV Sticks as a media center for use with televisions and remote controls. Amazon’s Fire TV Stick with Kodi is an easy way to enjoy Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, and more.
New features on Kodi Fire Stick
Kodi/XBMC on Amazon Fire TV will give you access to watch:
- Movies: Classics and New Releases.
- TV Shows On-Demand: Many of your favorite series with every season & episode.
- Many Live TV channels, US and International.
- Live Sports: Many Professional & College sports games around the country and the world.
- Live Events: Boxing, UFC, WWE, etc.
- Adult content (can be added or deleted upon request).
Fire TV Stick with Kodi Is Powerful!
Fire TV Stick stands above some of the other Android-based offerings due to Amazon’s strong product support and because it contains more remote friendly versions of Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and other video service clients, making it a good pairing with Kodi.
Built for speed
From the responsive interface to instant search results, everything about Fire TV Stick is fast and fluid. It‚Äôs all thanks to a dual-core processor with 6x the processing power of Roku Streaming Stick, a dedicated VideoCore4 GPU, and 8 GB of storage‚Äî4x that of Chromecast and 32x that of Roku Streaming Stick.
Stunning video. Vibrant Dolby sound.
With Kodi Fire TV Stick, you can stream movies and TV shows in up to 1080p HD. With Dolby Audio, enjoy rich cinematic surround sound, consistent quality and desired volume level, up to 7.1, via HDMI or optical out.
Easy To Use
Dedicated remote, easy navigation, intuitive recommendations, & everything about Kodi Fire TV Stick is simple.
Easy access with dedicated remote and custom apps
In Kodi the primary environment was designed for the living room (10-foot interface) and controlling it only with a remote control. While Kodi does support mouse, keyboard, and even touch controls, the main method of controlling Kodi is designed around is the typical remote.
Fast, fluid interface
The Kodi interface is designed with the ‘Home Theater’ in mind. This means it is best viewed on a large-screen TV while you sit on your couch 10-feet away from that TV. Because everything is designed with the home theater experience in mind, the best way to interact with Kodi is with a remote control, rather than a computer mouse. If it helps, think of Kodi as the ultimate DVD-player/set-top-box.
- Size: 3.3 x 1.0 x 0.5 in. (84.9 x 25.0 x 11.5 mm)
- Weight: 0.9 oz. (25.1g)
- Processor: Broadcom Capri 28155, dual-core 2xARM A9 up to 1 Ghz
- GPU: VideoCore4
- Storage: 8 GB internal
- Memory: 1 GB
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO); supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0 with support for the following profiles: HID, SPP
- Voice Search Support: Yes, requires Fire TV Voice Remote (sold separately) or free Fire TV Remote
- App: (available for download on Fire or Android OS; iOS coming soon)
- Game Controller Support: Yes, optimized for Amazon Fire Game Controller, compatible with Nyko PlayPad Pro and other Bluetooth controllers.
- Cloud Storage: All Amazon Cloud Drive customers start with 5 GB of free storage
- Ports: 1 Type A HDMI 1.4b output, w/HDCP 1.4, 1 Micro USB for power only
- Dolby Audio: Support for Dolby Audio, 5.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo and HDMI audio pass through up to 7.1
- Content Formats: Supported Video: H.264
- Audio: AAC-LC, AC3, eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis
- Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Output Resolution: Supported 720p and 1080p up to 60fps
- System Requirements: High-definition television with available HDMI input, Internet connection via Wi-Fi, a power outlet.
- TV Compatibility: Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular HDCP-compatible models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
- Regional Support: Certain services may not be available outside the U.S.
- Closed Captioning: Watch videos and TV shows with closed captioning displayed. Captions are not available for all content.