What Is A TV Stick with Kodi?
TV Stick with Kodi is a set top box that interfaces with existing online streaming web sites, bringing the online streaming experience to your living room, free of the popups and nuisances associated with watching online.
TV Stick with Kodi connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment via online streams. Kodi (formerly XBMC) is a free and open-source media player software developed by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium. Kodi can be installed on TV Sticks as a media center for use with televisions and remote controls. TV Stick with Kodi is an easy way to enjoy Netflix, Instant Video, Hulu Plus, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, and more.
New features on Kodi TV Stick
Kodi/XBMC on TV Box or Stick will give you access to watch:
- Movies: Classics and New Releases.
- TV Shows On-Demand: Many of your favorite series with every season & episode.
- Many Live TV channels, US and International.
- Live Sports: Many Professional & College sports games around the country and the world.
- Live Events: Boxing, UFC, WWE, etc.
- Adult content (can be added or deleted upon request).
TV Stick with Kodi Is Powerful!
TV Stick stands above some of the other Android-based offerings due to strong product support and because it contains more remote friendly versions of Netflix, Prime Video, and other video service clients, making it a good pairing with Kodi.
Built for speed
From the responsive interface to instant search results, everything about TV Stick is fast and fluid. It’s all thanks to a dual-core processor with 6x the processing power of Roku Streaming Stick, a dedicated VideoCore4 GPU, and 8 GB of storage‚ 4 times that of Chromecast and 32x that of Roku Streaming Stick.
Stunning video. Vibrant Dolby sound.
With Kodi TV Stick, you can stream movies and TV shows in up to 1080p HD. With Dolby Audio, enjoy rich cinematic surround sound, consistent quality and desired volume level, up to 7.1, via HDMI or optical out.
Easy To Use
Dedicated remote, easy navigation, intuitive recommendations, & everything about Kodi TV Stick is simple.
Easy access with dedicated remote and custom apps
In Kodi the primary environment was designed for the living room (10-foot interface) and controlling it only with a remote control. While Kodi does support mouse, keyboard, and even touch controls, the main method of controlling Kodi is designed around is the typical remote.
Fast, fluid interface
The Kodi interface is designed with the ‘Home Theater’ in mind. This means it is best viewed on a large-screen TV while you sit on your couch 10-feet away from that TV. Because everything is designed with the home theater experience in mind, the best way to interact with Kodi is with a remote control, rather than a computer mouse. If it helps, think of Kodi as the ultimate DVD-player/set-top-box.
- Size: 3.4″ x 1.2″ x 0.5″ (85.9 mm x 30.0 mm x 12.6 mm)
- Weight: 1.1 oz. (32.0 g)
- Processor: MediaTek Quad-core ARM 1.3 GHz
- GPU: Mali450 MP4
- Storage: 8 GB internal
- Memory: 1 GB
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi supports 2×2 MIMO 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1
- Voice Search Support: Yes, with Voice Remote (included) or free TV Remote App (available for download on Android, and iOS)
- App: (available for download on Android OS; iOS coming soon)
- Game Controller Support: Yes, optimized for TV Box Game Controller and most games are compatible with other Bluetooth controllers
- Cloud Storage: Free cloud storage for all content
- Ports: HDMI output, Micro USB for power only
- Audio Support: Dolby Audio, 5.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass through up to 7.1
- Content Formats Supported: Video: H.264 1080p30H.265 1080p30,
Audio: AAC-LC, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (eAAC+), AC3 (Dolby Digital), eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MIDI, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Audio: AAC-LC, AC3, eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis
- Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Output Resolution: Supported 720p and 1080p up to 60fps
- System Requirements: High-definition television with available HDMI input, Internet connection via Wi-Fi, a power outlet.
- TV Compatibility: Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular HDCP-compatible models from: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse, and others.
- Regional Support: Certain services may not be available outside the U.S.
- Closed Captioning: Watch videos and TV shows with closed captioning displayed. Captions are not available for all content.
- Included In Box: TV Stick and/or TV Box, Voice Remote, USB cable and power adapter, HDMI extender (TV Stick Only), 2 AAA batteries, Quick Start Guide & FreeCableTVStick User Guide.
- Size: 1.5″ x 5.9″ x 0.7″ (38.4 mm x 150.7 mm x 16.7 mm)
- Weight: 2.4 oz (68 g) with batteries / 1.6 oz (45 g) without batteries
- Batteries: 2 AAA (included)
- Battery Life: Up to 12 months battery life with typical use